SOC (Service Organization Control) 2
The SOC 2 audit is a compliance standard that evaluates policies and processes in place to protect a client’s data when it’s transmitted, stored, and managed in the cloud. HIA is in the process of undergoing a SOC 2 audit in order to earn compliance.
Why SOC 2 compliance?
The most obvious answer is that SOC 2 compliance demonstrates HIA maintains a high level of information security to protect the interests and privacy of their clients. SOC 2 compliance helps establish client trust and confidence in HIA’s service delivery processes and controls. The reports are administered by an independent third party that must be a certified public accountant (CPA).
Additional SOC 2 Compliance Benefits:
- Satisfies a client’s requirement that an audit of internal controls be in place at HIA, their service provider.
- Indicates to clients HIA’s commitment to internal controls and transaction processing integrity.
- Ensures HIA clients that information and systems are protected against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure of information, and damage to systems that could compromise the following:
- Availability - The system must be available for operation and must be used as agreed.
- Integrity - The system processing must be complete, accurate, well-timed, and authorized.
- Confidentiality - The information held by the organization that is classified as “confidential” by a user must be protected.
- Privacy - All personal information that the organization collects, uses, retains, and discloses must be in accordance with their privacy notice and principles. These are specified by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA).
"I usually don't go out of my way to send a compliment, but in this case it is deserved. [HIA Coder] has far exceeded all expectations – attitude and productivity. If we could have ten more just like [her], we would. "
Teaching Hospital in Washington
"Your audits were very helpful, we actually embrace them here! I have perfectionist coders (which is a blessing) and we learn something new every time. Thank you for the time and effort."
Health & Surgery Center in Texas
"I wanted to tell you that you all WOW!'ed this group for sure! We were so impressed with the exit conference. HIA consultants keep it real, down to earth and fun! I will be happy to be a reference for any and all that are interested!"
Director of HIM
Community Hospital in Massachusetts
"We have had a wonderful experience working with your management staff and your coders! HIA has a well put together program that is heavy on education, your coders are always dependable and responsive to communication. You all put a lot of time into developing coder's skills with performing the quality reviews and we appreciate your efforts and look forward to continuing this relationship."
Director of HIM
Children's Hospital in Ohio
"Your team is helping us move forward with process improvements and ensuring our coded data is accurate and of top-notch quality [...] your reviewers have set the gold standard of what a consultant should be. They are both currently performing focused reviews on 100% of the work performed by a couple of coders not meeting our metrics to assess where those coders stand. Their work is very thorough and both are well rounded and bring a great deal knowledge within the coding field with them. I really appreciate having them with us."
Director of Coding
Large Health System with multiple locations in Georgia